A personal trainer and journalist for Florida International University, Nihat Strider, offers 5 Tips to Relieve Muscle Soreness.
- Keep Moving: Light physical movements increase blood flow to the affected areas – helping to relieve pain. For whole body soreness, try light stretching or a yoga class.
- Hot/Cold: Alternating hot/cold therapy packs or hot/cold water in the shower helps your body’s natural anti-inflammatory response – increased circulation.
- Pop a pill: Instead of a pharmaceutical anti-inflammatory like Alieve, try Curcumin an ancient Indian spice that reduces inflammation.
- H2O: Drink more water before and during exercise.
- Rub it Out: From a massage therapist to at home remedies like a foam roller, massage helps to release the knots in your muscles and increase blood flow.
For all of Nihat’s tips, check out her full post.